A spectacular, contemporary-design luxury villa located in the upper corner of Camps Bay, enjoying complete peace and privacy, with the most majestic views in the City.
Surrounded by nature high up on the slopes of Table Mountain, the views from this luxury property are simply unparalleled. Uniquely in Camps Bay, the house has no development in front of it, ensuring a completely uninterrupted 180-degree view of the ocean and Lion’s Head, and further impressive views to the mountains behind.
Designed jointly by the owners (nature lovers) and one of Cape Town’s top architects (Greg Wright), the house took two years to design, drawing heavily on the unrivalled location, exploiting the spectacular views from every single room.
Meanwhile, its position at the end of a cul-de-sac in the far upper corner of Camps Bay guarantees absolute privacy and peace.
The result, completed in 2006, is one of the most stunning houses in Cape Town, combining modern, open plan living with natural rock features and exquisite attention to detail. Solid timber floors add an earthy warmth, while the house provides a showcase for the owners’ travel photography from across the globe.
Available for exclusive-use rentals since the 2006/7 season, Fusion has a track record as one of the most sought-after properties on the Atlantic Seaboard for vacation rentals and film shoots. The house is ideal for guests who appreciate modern style, nature, peace and exceptional privacy.
The house is the owners’ private residence for much of the year outside the summer season.
Entrance steps wind around a giant granite boulder to a pool deck, featuring an 8 metre-long, extra-deep pool, reminiscent of a mountain rock pool, with 4 loungers, a sun-bed area and built-in barbeque.
Entering the main house, a solid timber-clad floating staircase leads up the open plan living areas. There are three en-suite bedrooms on the ground floor:
Bedroom 1 features floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors opening directly onto the pool deck with stunning views of the ocean and Lion’s Head. There’s a walk-in dresser, queen-size bed and spectacular en-suite featuring an open rainshower with an ocean view, and a bath looking out onto a private garden. Being ocean facing, this bedroom has air conditioning for comfort on hot nights.
Bedroom 2 features floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors opening onto a private rock garden featuring a giant granite boulder, surrounded by indigenous milk-wood trees. Facing towards the mountain, the forest draws you in, providing a perfect contrast to the ocean-facing bedrooms. The en-suite also looks out onto the garden. The king-size bed can be configured as two singles.
Bedroom 3 has its own private deck with mesmerising ocean views. The glass corner shower is one of Fusion’s signature features and looks out with ocean views on both sides – a bold statement and a winner with guests. This bedroom also has air conditioning, and a queen-size bed.
The floating staircase ascends to a penthouse-style, open plan living/dining/kitchen area that will take your breath away. Floor-to-ceiling glass on three sides showcases the most expansive, uninterrupted ocean and mountainscapes anywhere in Cape Town. Windows on the fourth side frame the Twelve Apostles mountains, all in complete privacy.
Leather couches and chairs, and a three-metre long window seat form the focus of the living area, set around a built-in, wood burning stove. A custom-designed joinery piece incorporates photographic artwork and an extensive book collection, as well as a large, flat-screen TV with all premium DSTV channels, a hi-fi system and the ability to plug in guests’ music devices, or stream music wirelessly. Complimentary, uncapped Wi-Fi is available throughout the house.
Sliding cavity doors open onto a timber viewing deck that bring the unsurpassed views right into the living area. In the dining area, an 8-seater dining table crafted from African hardwood opens onto an additional panoramic viewing deck.
The modern kitchen features a unique floating, timber bar counter with bar stools, a built-in fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, gas stove, oven and espresso machine, and the best view in the city while cooking. Adjacent is a guest loo.
One garage is available for guests for parking, with driveway space for an additional two vehicles and near unlimited street parking immediately next to the house.
The house is protected by a top-end security system with interior and exterior sensors and 24-hour monitoring; guests are provided with an alarm remote control.
Please note that due to the design, the house is not suitable for children under the age of 5.
The house is 3 minutes drive from Camps Bay beach, 8 minutes from Cape Town city centre, and 12 minutes from the Waterfront.
There is direct access to Table Mountain with numerous walks from the front gate.
Please note: Fusion 3 excludes the flatlet section of the house, which is partitioned and sound-proofed from the main, 3 bedroom house. The flatlet section may be occupied by the owners but is never let out separately. Access to the flatlet is via a separate entrance and path along the side of the property. Guests of Fusion 3 enjoy exclusive use of the main, 3 bedroom house house and all facilities.
Summary of facilities
• 2 level detached house, penthouse style
• Uninterrupted sea and mountain views from almost every room
• 2 minutes drive from Camps Bay beachfront
• Underfloor heating (bathrooms)
• Housekeeping Mon-Fri (excluding public holidays)
• Elevated entertainment deck with 8-metre, extra-deep pool, barbeque, loungers and sunbed
• Surrounded by indigenous garden
• Garage parking, off-street parking, ample street parking
• Large open plan living room / dining room / kitchen
• Dining area for 8 guests with panoramic deck
• Lounge integrates into additional panoramic deck with cavity sliding doors
• State-of-the-art, fully equipped modern kitchen with breakfast bar
• Entertainment system with large plasma screen, satellite TV, DVD and hi-fi
• Wood fireplace
• Solid timber floors
• Extra-length Queen size bed and large en-suite with open shower, bath, with views of the ocean and private rock garden
• Walk-in dresser
• Opens onto pool deck – roll out of bed and into the pool!
• Air Conditioning
• Panoramic ocean and mountain views
• Queen size bed and en-suite with feature shower
• Wall-to-wall sliding glass doors opening onto private deck
• Panoramic ocean views
• Air conditioning
• King size bed (or two singles), en-suite
• Wall-to-wall sliding glass doors opening onto rock feature and garden
Guest apartment (subject to availability, at additional cost)
• May be integrated with the main house to form single unit
• Family room / lounge
• Fully equipped kitchenette/bar area
• Further entertainment deck for outdoor dining, surrounded by indigenous
• Additional bedroom (double bed), en-suite with feature shower looking onto private garden, wall-to-wall sliding glass doors opening onto private deck with ocean views
• Study/office with 4 metre custom-designed work surface, designer chairs and sea and mountain view
• State-of-the-art alarm system with multiple interior and exterior sensors, with remote control
• Armed response round the clock
• Security lights